The Best Quality, Service & Network, All Yours!
- Slewing rings
- Slewing rings are known worldwide as premium products in the field of rolling bearing technology. These machine elements have proved themselves many times over, have high load carrying capacity, a versatile range of applications and are highly cost-effective. Due to their design, a single bearing can reliably support radial, axial and tilting moment loads. It is therefore possible in many cases to replace bearing arrangements comprising a combination of radial and axial bearings by a single bearing. This reduces, in some cases considerably, the costs and work required in the design of the adjacent construction and the fitting of bearings.
Slewing rings are sealed on both sides, lubricated with a high quality grease, can be relubricated via lubrication nipples and are particularly easy to fit. The bearing rings are supplied without gear teeth or, in order to achieve simple drive solutions, are available with external or internal gear teeth.
Slewing rings are available as four point contact bearings and as crossed roller bearings.
- Radial insert ball bearings
- Radial insert ball bearings are single row, rady-to-fit units comprising a solid outer ring, an inner ring extended on one or both sides, cages made from plastic or sheet steel and P, R, L or T seals. Bearings with an inner ring extended on both sides undergo less tilting of the inner ring and therefore run more smoothly.
The outer ring has a crowned or cylindrical outside surface. In conjunction with an INA housing matched to the bearing type, bearings with a crowned outside surface compensate for shaft misalignments; see Compensation of misalignments.
They are located on the shaft by means of an eccentric locking collar, grub screws in the inner ring, an adapter sleeve, drive slot or fit. Radial insert ball bearings are particularly easy to fit, suitable for drawn shafts of grade h6 to h9 and, with a few exceptions, can be relubricated.
Some series with an eccentric locking collar and with grub screws in the inner ring are also available with an inch size bore.
- Housing units
- Housing units are available in many different designs as plummer block, flanged and take-up housing units. The ready-to-fit units comprise cast iron or sheet steel housings in which the radial insert ball bearings are integrated. In order to ensure correct function and operational reliability in all operating conditions, the bearing and housing are matched to each other.
Due to the spherical outside surface of the bearing outer ring and the spherical housing bore, housing units can compensate for static angular misalignment of the shaft; see Compensation of misalignments.
The units are used predominantly as locating bearings, but can also be used as non-locating bearings under low loads and speeds.
The housings are screw mounted on the adjacent construction. Less demanding tolerances are sufficient for the screw mounting surfaces.
- Bearing housings
- FAG housings and the associated bearings form bearing arrangement units that have proved themselves in machinery, plant and other equipment.
FAG bearing housings are predominantly made from flake graphite cast iron. Housings made from cast steel and spheroidal graphite cast iron can be supplied by agreement. Since the bearings are normally lubricated with grease and the initial charge is effective for a long period, most housings do not have relubrication holes. However, gates or marks are present so that lubrication holes can be made if required. When relubrication is carried out, it must be ensured that excess grease can escape.
- Linear Rolling Bearings
- Linear bearings are bearing elements for translation type motion. As in the case of rotary bearings, a distinction is drawn as to whether the forces occurring are transmitted by means of rolling or sliding elements.
The requirements placed on linear components are as varied as the applications in which they are used. In transport and feed systems, it is mainly speed and accuracy that are required while, in measuring machines for example, the emphasis is more on precision and rigidity. In order to find the right linear guidance system for the specific task, both a sophisticated product range and detailed consultation are important.
Each linear design has particular characteristics that make it especially suitable for particular bearing arrangements. Generally applicable rules for selecting the type of guidance system can only be formulated up to a point, since more and more factors must be taken into consideration and weighed up against each other. Apart from load, acceleration, speed and stroke, factors including temperature, lubrication, vibration, mounting, maintenance etc. must be taken into consideration.
- Maintenance Products
Mounting and dismounting
Our product range comprises tools for the mechanical, hydraulic and thermal mounting and dismounting of rolling bearings. Mechanical tools are used predominantly for smaller bearings. Medium-sized and large rolling bearings are mainly mounted and dismounted using hydraulic or thermal tools. The range is logically rounded off by measurement and inspection devices (such as transport tools and gloves).
Rolling bearing greases Arcanol offer the best conditions for achieving reliable, durable and cost-effective bearing arrangements. These greases are designed to give favourable running behaviour of the bearings and thus make an important contribution to preventing premature bearing failure. The Arcanol range is graduated such that almost all areas of application can be covered to an optimum extent. It includes both standard and special greases.
These products assist in the alignment of shafts and belt pulleys and the checking of belt tension. This reduces wear of bearings and seals, resulting in reduced heat development as well as higher economic efficiency through reduced energy consumption, and increasing machines’ running times and reliability.
Condition monitoring contributes to achieving high availability and long life of machinery and plant. FAG products help in planning maintenance work and reducing costs. The range includes devices for the alignment of shafts and belt pulleys. Temperature measuring and sonar devices make it possible to check the operating condition. An important element of the range comprises measuring systems that monitor vibration, torque and lubricants.